WHO WE ARE
Grassroots I Inc. was founded on this principal:
To be the liaison between economic development and the community, doing so this empowers the people in the community promoting positive work force development and training.
HOW WE HELP
- We ensure communities we work with will develop as businesses develop.
- As businesses expand we strive to help them intergrade with the community, in doing this we help develop a strong relationship between citizens and the businesses.
- We identify the strategy of the businesses we work with to serve the social needs of the citizens of each community.
- We emphasize communication, socialization, job placement, scholarships, and community development in all of our programs.
- We network with local and state wide agencies to identify resources that can be used for business development and social development.
How you can help
"Your life and mine should be valued not by what we take... but by what we give."
-- Edgar Allen
The East Nile Farms Hydroponic Project
Our current project:
We are working with The East Nile Farms a high tech hydroponic indoor farming company. They produce clean produce in a sustainable way, providing jobs and education to those that are employed and underemployed. Our staff performs in several roles for The East Nile Farms, we have identified the opportunities for community participation, identifying the skills setting and job placement needed for the communities that The East Nile Farms has and will expand to. The East Nile Farms has brought $15 plus million dollars to the community along with 300 plus new jobs. We assist other agencies in providing ACT and Work Keys to help establish job placement in the community and we have promoted The East Nile Farms in many ways to help the communities understand The East Nile Farms mission along with helping The East Nile Farms understand what is needed to help each community grow along with their expansions. We have worked hand in hand with local commerce and state agencies with the growth of The East Nile Farms in their press conferences, community events (hiring fairs), and including their public ground breaking. Our goal is through the growth of The East Nile Farms and other corporations the needs of the community will always be heard.
What we ask from you...
To help us ensure that the community needs are identified and heard through Grassroots I Inc.
How can you do this....
- Make a donation or pledge into our efforts to help each community
- Sponsor an event
- Become a Grassroots I Inc. volunteer
- Tell us the needs of your community
- Contact us with the needs of your company and your concerns of outreach in your community
WAYS TO DONATE
Grassroots I Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization and all generous donations we receive are tax-deductible in the U.S. There are a number of convenient ways you can make a donation today:
- on our "Donate" page, using a credit or debit card
- by mailing a check to our below address
- over the phone with a Grassroots I Inc. representative
Help us further our movement by donating into our works.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi
WHO WE ARE
Our founders are driven and passionate about improving economic development between communities and businesses. They strive to make a difference in the lives of families and our communities.
dr. beverly gurley
Dr. Beverly Gurley is an advocate for community development. She has served in the education field for 36 years. As a retired superintendent, she took pride in encouraging education and is still dedicating her life to empowering her community.
Nora Neal has had a passion all her life for uplifting her community. Serving in the United States Army has elevated her drive to help her community realize the value and pride in hard work and education. She has poured time in the non-profit sector for more than 6 years and plans to work for many more years building opportunities for communities.
Our Team of Hardworking Interns
Our team of hard working interns are passionate about the work they do and the lives in the community they help enrich.